On Friday, 21 August 2015, after Isha, the Imam will Inshallah be delivering a presentation on Hajj. Whether or not you are intending to perform Hajj this year, or whichever group or travel agency you might be going with, ALL are invited to this presentation:
Hajj & Umrah
- Are you performing Hajj this Year ?!?
- Do you want to know more about Hajj ?!?
- Do you have questions or concerns ?!?
Friday, 21 August 2015, after Isha (7:30pm) at Masjid Canberra
We have a new updated program of activities that are being run at the Canberra Masjid after ‘Isha’ prayer:
Friday: Evolution of Fiqh by Sh Furqan Jabbar
Saturday: Studying Kitab al-Tawheed by Sh Furqan Jabbar
Sunday after Maghrib: Qur’aan classes (Memorisation) by Br Ali Omar (brothers only) – all ages
Monday: Understanding Qur’aan (Arabic learning) by Br Ashraf Ezzat (brothers only) – all ages
Tuesday: Qur’aan classes (Recitation and Tajweed) by Br Hashem (brothers) & Umm Ahmed (sisters) – all ages
Tuesday: ‘Aqeedah series by Br Anas Mazaydeh (brothers only)
Please register you interest by sending an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Feedback Form or contacting any member of the Executive Committee (see Contact Us page). Alternatively, you can attend on the day to register.
Organised by the Islamic Society of Australian Capital Territory (ISACT).
The Imams Council of ACT (Imam Mohammed Swaiti, Imam Nourredine Laraibi via phone and Imam Adama Konda) have met after Maghrib today at the Canberra Mosque and have declared that Eid-ul-Fitr 1436 AH will be Friday, 17 July 2015, Inshallah. Salat-ul-Eid at Canberra Mosque will be at 7:30am for an 8:00am start. Eid Mubarak.
The Qur’an Quiz is now finished. All questions and answers can be found here: http://isact.org.au/quran-quiz-taraweeh/
The day of ‘Eid will inshaaAllaah be announced by the Imams Council of ACT on Thursday, 16 July after Maghrib prayers via the Masjid Canberra SMS notification service, This website will also be updated once the announcement is made.
See attached flyer for details on ‘Eid salaah and celebrations at Masjid Canberra:
Canberra Masjid Eid-ul-Fitr Salaah & Celebrations 2015
Please be mindful that the masjid has limited parking options and indoor capacity. Furthermore, strictly do not park on the neighbours’ lawns or driveways and encroach upon their rights on you.
Alternative venue for ‘Eid salaah starting at 9.00 am sharp is the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Arena in Bruce, organised by the Islamic Society of Belconnen. See attached flyer:
AIS Arena Eid-ul-Fitr Salaah
This is a large venue with ample parking options available. Due to the cold weather, the salaah will be conducted indoors.
Shaykh Muhammad al-Shanqeeti, a visiting scholar from Saudi Arabia, will deliver a special lecture after Taraweeh prayers this Friday night (10 July) inshaaAllaah. Please stay on after Taraweeh prayers to listen to some insightful and profound words from the Shaykh prior to his return.
Qur’aan quiz competition will be held every night starting 8 July during the Taraweeh break inshaaAllaah.
Qur’aan quiz competition rules and conditions:
1. Qur’aan competition question for the day will inshaaAllaah be provided by Shaykh Mohammed al-Qahtani (along with translation) during the break after 4 rakaat of Taraweeh prayers. The queation will be dispalyed on the screens as well as posted on the ISACT website daily at 8pm (isact.org.au). The previous day’s answer will also be displayed.
2. The question will be related of the verses recited during taraweeh on the day. Paying attention to the recitation will advantageous to the contestant.
3. The competition entrants will have the opportunity to research the question overnight.
4. The answers will need to be submitted in the boxes provided – there will be box each for brothers and sisters at the masjid entry.
5. Entries will close at 7.15pm just before ‘ishaa’ jama’ah and the boxes will be collected then.
6. First correct answer drawn will receive a prize.
7. There will be one prize each for brothers and sisters daily.
8. Only one entry per person allowed.
9. Children are strongly encouraged to participate.
Assalaamu’alaykum. Seeking volunteers to assist with the organisation of celebrations. Please contact by email or call 041 7272 041. Sisters who would be available for volunteering can call on 0426 810 294.
Activities during Ramadhaan 2015/1436
· Iftaar and suhoor every day – bring a plate to share
· ‘Isha’/ Taraweeh prayers starting at 7.15pm every night with Shaykh Mohammed al-Qahtani from Saudi Arabia
· Fajr prayers and Qur’aan classes until sunrise with Shaykh Mohammed al-Qahtani
· I’tikaaf starting 7 July (to enter the masjid before sunset) – including facilities for sisters
· Tahajjud prayers daily starting 8 July from 3.30am-4.30am
· Zakaat-al-Fitr and Zakaat-al-Maal can be paid to representatives at the masjid from National Zakaat Foundation, Charity Australia, and Human Appeal International.
Fasting for Ramadaan starts on THURSDAY, 18 June 2015 InshaaAllaah as endorsed by the Imams Council of ACT.
‘Isha’ jama’ah starts at 7pm sharp tomorrow 17 June at Masjid Canberra inshaaAllaah, followed by Taraweeh prayers led by Sh Mohammed al-Quhtani from Saudi Arabia .
Please see Br Hashim after Taraweeh from tomorrow onwards if you wish to book the shaykh for iftaar/dinner.