We have a new updated program of activities that are being run at the Canberra Masjid after Maghrib prayer:
Friday: Evolution of Fiqh by Sh Furqan Jabbar
Saturday (after fajr): Various topics by Br Ashraf Ezzat (brothers only)
Saturday: Studying Kitab al-Tawheed by Sh Furqan Jabbar
Sunday (after Maghrib): Qur’aan classes (Memorisation) by Br ‘Ali Omar (brothers only) – all ages
Tuesday: Usool Al Hadeeth by Br Anas Mazaydeh (brothers only)
Thursday: Qur’aan classes (Recitation and Tajweed) by Br Hashem (brothers) & Umm Ahmed (sisters) – all ages
Please register you interest by sending an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Feedback Form or contacting any member of the Executive Committee (see Contact Us page). Alternatively, you can attend on the day to register.
Organised by the Islamic Society of Australian Capital Territory (ISACT).
On behalf of the Imams Council of ACT, Imam Adama Konda announced that since the Day of Arafah will fall on Wedneday, 23 September 2015, ‘Eid-ul-Adha will InshaaAllaah be on Thursday, 24 September 2015.
Salat-ul-’Eid at the Canberra Mosque (130 Empire Cct Yarralumla) will be at 7:30am for an 8:00am start.
Please be mindful that the masjid has limited parking options and indoor capacity. Furthermore, strictly do not park on the neighbours’ lawns or block their driveways please and encroach upon their rights on you. We thank you for your past and ongoing cooperation in this matter.
Alternatively, you may attend Salat-ul-’Eid at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Arena (Bruce) which is a large venue with ample parking options available.
Brothers from Spence Musallah will InShaaAllaah be holding the ‘Eid-ul-Adha celebrations onsite on Sunday 27 September 2015. We shall be joining them in the celebrations. You are all invited to join.
On Friday, 21 August 2015, after Isha, the Imam will Inshallah be delivering a presentation on Hajj. Whether or not you are intending to perform Hajj this year, or whichever group or travel agency you might be going with, ALL are invited to this presentation:
Hajj & Umrah
- Are you performing Hajj this Year ?!?
- Do you want to know more about Hajj ?!?
- Do you have questions or concerns ?!?
Friday, 21 August 2015, after Isha (7:30pm) at Masjid Canberra
The Imams Council of ACT (Imam Mohammed Swaiti, Imam Nourredine Laraibi via phone and Imam Adama Konda) have met after Maghrib today at the Canberra Mosque and have declared that Eid-ul-Fitr 1436 AH will be Friday, 17 July 2015, Inshallah. Salat-ul-Eid at Canberra Mosque will be at 7:30am for an 8:00am start. Eid Mubarak.
The Qur’an Quiz is now finished. All questions and answers can be found here: http://isact.org.au/quran-quiz-taraweeh/
The day of ‘Eid will inshaaAllaah be announced by the Imams Council of ACT on Thursday, 16 July after Maghrib prayers via the Masjid Canberra SMS notification service, This website will also be updated once the announcement is made.
See attached flyer for details on ‘Eid salaah and celebrations at Masjid Canberra:
Canberra Masjid Eid-ul-Fitr Salaah & Celebrations 2015
Please be mindful that the masjid has limited parking options and indoor capacity. Furthermore, strictly do not park on the neighbours’ lawns or driveways and encroach upon their rights on you.
Alternative venue for ‘Eid salaah starting at 9.00 am sharp is the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Arena in Bruce, organised by the Islamic Society of Belconnen. See attached flyer:
AIS Arena Eid-ul-Fitr Salaah
This is a large venue with ample parking options available. Due to the cold weather, the salaah will be conducted indoors.
Shaykh Muhammad al-Shanqeeti, a visiting scholar from Saudi Arabia, will deliver a special lecture after Taraweeh prayers this Friday night (10 July) inshaaAllaah. Please stay on after Taraweeh prayers to listen to some insightful and profound words from the Shaykh prior to his return.
Qur’aan quiz competition will be held every night starting 8 July during the Taraweeh break inshaaAllaah.
Qur’aan quiz competition rules and conditions:
1. Qur’aan competition question for the day will inshaaAllaah be provided by Shaykh Mohammed al-Qahtani (along with translation) during the break after 4 rakaat of Taraweeh prayers. The queation will be dispalyed on the screens as well as posted on the ISACT website daily at 8pm (isact.org.au). The previous day’s answer will also be displayed.
2. The question will be related of the verses recited during taraweeh on the day. Paying attention to the recitation will advantageous to the contestant.
3. The competition entrants will have the opportunity to research the question overnight.
4. The answers will need to be submitted in the boxes provided – there will be box each for brothers and sisters at the masjid entry.
5. Entries will close at 7.15pm just before ‘ishaa’ jama’ah and the boxes will be collected then.
6. First correct answer drawn will receive a prize.
7. There will be one prize each for brothers and sisters daily.
8. Only one entry per person allowed.
9. Children are strongly encouraged to participate.
Assalaamu’alaykum. Seeking volunteers to assist with the organisation of celebrations. Please contact by email or call 041 7272 041. Sisters who would be available for volunteering can call on 0426 810 294.